Virtual Home Visit
Motion Analysis Laboratory
The Motion Analysis Laboratory of the School is a specialised research facility designed to allow the research of a wide range of human activities. The lab is circular in shape, with an upper mezzanine level accessible from the second floor of the building.
- Dual Xeon 6-core Data Acquisition Computer System
- 1x Vicon Giganet + 2x Vicon Ultranet MX HD, for Real-Time motion-capture and 64 Channels of Analog Data Collection.
- Vicon Nexus 1.8 software.
- 4 AMTI force platforms in the floor, which can be moved to suit different research requirements.
- Vicon Motion Analysis System, with 14 advanced semi-infra red Vicon F40 cameras plus digital video cameras.
- Blue wall suitable for Chroma-Key.
- Roller Doors on opposite sides and in line with the force platforms, allowing for run-through motion analysis.
- leg extension
- leg curl
- seated row
- lat pull-down
- horizontal leg-press
- Smith machine
- cable cross-over
- back extension
- a full range of fixed dumbbells and barbells
- Olympic bars
- boxing bag
- exercise bikes
Building 408 has six world-class physiotherapy teaching laboratories located on the second floor, as well as a dedicated lab for postgraduate students on the fourth floor