Health Psychology and Behavioural Medicine
The Health Psychology and Behavioural Medicine Group aims to examine the psychological factors that are associated with health-related behaviour and develop interventions that will promote health in the general population and populations with clinical or chronic conditions.
- Conduct pioneering experimental and applied theory-based research on health-related behaviour.
- Lead and collaborate on national and international research projects using psychological techniques to promote and change health behaviour.
- Disseminate research findings broadly to academic and practitioner groups.
- Engage practitioners and stakeholders to translate research evidence into effective behavioural interventions and health promotion practice.
- Mentor students and early-career researchers on programs of research in health psychology and behavioural medicine.
- Contribute to intellectual debate on priority issues in applied health psychology and behavioural medicine.
Health Psychology and Behavioural Medicine Research Group
School of Psychology and Speech Pathology
GPO Box U1987
Perth Western Australia 6845
School funding and awards
HPBM group members
Please contact members if you are interested in conducting honours or postgraduate research with us.
Senior Lecturers/Senior Research Fellows
Staff in other schools at Curtin
Research Assistants and Visting Researchers
Prof Charles Abraham, University of Exeter
Dr Derwin Chan, University of Hong Kong
Dr Kyra Hamilton, Griffith University
Rebecca Johnson, Telethon
Prof Sheina Orbell, University of Essex
Dr Cleo Protogerou, University of Cape Town
Dr Amanda Rebar, Central Queensland University
Prof Corneel Vandelanotte, Central Queensland University
Dr Sophie Yang, Sichuan University