A Test Library is available which contains a range of assessment materials, as well as books, articles, videos, and computer scoring facilities. There is also an office available to people wishing to score tests using templates held by the library. The test librarian is happy to assist in ordering materials for students, staff and psychology professionals.
Student Computer Laboratories
A computer laboratory is available in Building 401, room 151, please check the Location and facilities page for details about access.
- Assignment Cover Sheet.doc [53 KB]
- Study and Research Library Guide – Psychology and Speech Pathology
Practicums are considered a most important component of a students’ education in the School of Psychology and Speech Pathology. Practicums provide opportunities to foster and maintain relationships between Curtin University and outside agencies. The success of a practicum depends very much on a collaborative working relationship between the university staff, the practicum agency representative, and the student.
For you, the student, field practicums can be one of the most exciting and rewarding aspects of the postgraduate program. The practicum provides you with the opportunity to cohesively integrate theoretical and practical components of the program with the benefit of guidance and support from a field supervisor and university personnel. It is also a valuable opportunity to gain knowledge and practical experience of organisational processes, administration, service provision and community networks.
Some of our key Adult Placement Agencies include:
- University Counselling Services
- Private Hospitals
- Drug and Alcohol Services
- Department of Health
– Adult Outpatient Mental Health Clinics
– Older Adult Mental Health Services
– Major Teaching Hospitals, including Fremantle Hospital, Royal Perth Hospital, Graylands Hospital, Joondalup Health Campus, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
Some of our key Child Placement Agencies include:
- Department for Community Development
- Ministry of Justice
- Disability Services Commission
- Department of Health
– Child Development Centres
– Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
– Princess Margaret Hospital
For legal reasons we are unable to offer clinical placements to undergraduate students