LiveLighter TODAY (Tailored Online Diet and ActivitY) is a research study designed to help you change your diet, be more active and lose weight. The study will compare three different ways of achieving these goals. If you’re keen to improve your health and fitness, we’d love to have you in the study.
What will I need to do?
You’ll be asked to fill in an online survey to check you’re suited to the study. You’ll then be randomly allocated by computer to one of three study groups. One group will complete activities online and the others will attend a study centre six times over a year (twice each at the start, at six months and after a year). Each visit takes about an hour. Our study centres are in Bentley, Subiaco and Midland.
What’s in it for me?
- Being in the study is likely to help you lose weight and improve your diet and activity habits.
- As a participant you’ll enter the draw to win one of five $200 gift vouchers. See our terms and conditions [.pdf 40.9kB].
- You’ll help others by assisting the team to develop the most effective ways for people to improve their weight, diet and activity.
You can take part if you are:
- aged 25-60 years
- have a iPhone or Android smartphone that can connect to the internet
- willing to monitor your diet and physical activity
- in good health (no serious illness).
Note: People who have had Bariatric weight loss surgery, unable to be physically active or have a body mass index (BMI) over 40 are not eligible to participate.
Curtin University Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) has approved this study (HREC number HR61/2016).