Interprofessional education (IPE) has formed the foundation of many faculty-based initiatives in recent years. These initiatives are organised into three interconnecting domains: education, practice and research.
An Interprofessional Education Committee oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of IPE in the faculty. Representatives on this group include the the Director of Practice and Interprofessional Education, the Dean of Teaching and Learning, as well as representatives from within the faculty and industry.
“Interprofessional education occurs when two or more professions learn with, from and about each other to improve collaboration and the quality of care.”
Goals of the Interprofessional Education Team
- Support the development and expansion of high quality, sustainable IPE activities in the faculty
- Increase the number and quality of interprofessional fieldwork placements opportunities in partnership with external agencies and monitor these
- Provide a repository for IPE teaching and learning materials accessible for faculty staff and students
- Promote the development of interprofessional knowledge, skills, and attitudes within faculty staff and students
- Stimulate faculty networking for staff and students
- Provide leadership in IPE
- Develop strategic state, national and international partnerships
- Commit to high quality evaluation and quality improvement procedures
- Draw upon, and contribute to, the scientific evidence base for best practice in IPE and collaborative practice.