Autism Open Day – 17 September 2017
Now in its third year, the increasingly-popular Autism Open Day brings together leading researchers from Curtin University and Telethon Kids Institute.
Date: Sunday 17 September 2017
Time: 10.00am – 3.00pm
Location: Technology Park Function Centre, 2 Brodie Hall Drive, Bentley
Join us to meet the researchers and learn more about the latest autism research. There will be discussions on programs that support people with autism, with a focus on children of school age. Parents of autistic children as well as individuals with autism will also share their stories and experiences.
A series of short presentations by researchers and experts, with and without lived experience of autism, will be run throughout the day.
An exhibition area will hold stalls with information on key areas such as:
• Pathway planning for school leavers with autism.
• Social skills training for teenagers with autism.
• Emotion recognition training computer games.
• Peer mentoring program for university students with autism.
• Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance.
• Getting around the community.
• Vision for action.
Food and coffee will be available for purchase throughout the day, and complimentary toys will be available for children.
This event is held in conjunction with Autism CRC and Telethon Kids Institute.