New staff portal goes live
As part of the Digital Futures Program, the first release of the new Staff Portal is going live on Monday 10 July. The Staff Portal will replace Staff Oasis and is a digital dashboard that will house applications, web content currently found in Staff Oasis, Staff News, Staff Events and the Vice-Chancellor’s Note to Staff.
Benefits of the Staff Portal:
- Eight hour login – no more being kicked out due to inactivity.
- The applications found in Staff Oasis as well as Staff News, Staff Events and the VC’s Note to Staff are all in one place with single sign-on to most applications.
- Accessible from desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
- Timesheet and leave applications are elevated to approvers on the portal dashboard rather than being lost in approvers email inbox.
- Staff Profiles are featured with a link to Elements for managing publications.
- Web links from Staff Oasis are grouped together by function and can be saved as ‘favourites’ making it easier to find what you are looking for.
- Eventually you will be able to access all relevant web content intended for current staff from the Staff Portal. As part of this release, web content from hr.curtin.edu.au has been migrated. Tools and training materials have been developed for business areas to migrate their content into a new ‘user centric’ navigation in the near future.
This is the beginning of the journey that will see relevant web content migrated to the new web content management system over 2017.
From 10 July your homepage will be changed to the new Staff Portal (staffportal.curtin.edu.au). The Portal will be supported by the following browser versions:
- Internet Explorer version 11
- Microsoft Edge for Windows 10
- Safari v 9 and above (to 10.1)
- Chrome v 55 and above (to 58)
You can find more information about the Staff Portal, including what it looks like and who to contact about it, here.