Occupational Therapy, Social Work and Speech Pathology research
The School of Occupational Therapy, Social Work and Speech Pathology is affiliated with the US Association of University Centres on Disabilities, and we are an Organisational Member of the Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability.
The research area provides administrative and academic support to the school’s research activities and to higher degree by research (MPhil and PhD) and Honours students. The overall research program aims to initiate and support research that makes a positive contribution to the lives of vulnerable people, their families, and the wider community. We aim to:
- contribute to inclusive, healthy societies
- find innovative solutions to real world problems.
We work towards these aims through:
- research and development that is collaborative and seeks partnerships with vulnerable groups, families, and organisations and individuals who provide support and services
- encouraging and supporting approaches that cross sectors, for example disability, ageing, and mental health, and are inter-disciplinary
- recognition of our place in the Asia-Pacific rim and the need to promote cultural understanding and diversity.