Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences facilities
Model pharmacy dispensary
As a Curtin pharmacy student you will gain a competitive edge using a state-of-the-art robotic dispensing unit, the only one of its kind being used for training purposes in Western Australia. The robot can improve the speed and risk management procedures of dispensing medications. The system also provides greater stock management efficiencies, giving you relevant industry training and practical experience using advanced technology. You will train in a multi-million dollar model pharmacy dispensary, which can simulate a range of real-life settings such as a community pharmacy. You will be provided with your own workstation, computer and label generator, and dispense real medicines using simulations of real prescriptions.
The School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences welcomes enquiries about access to our specialist laboratory equipment. Available for hire to Curtin University and external researchers are:
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer – PinAAcle 900T (with flame and furnace functionality): contact Dr Andrew Crowe.
- Differential Scanning Calorimeter: contact Mr Giuseppe Luna.
- Agilent HPLC: contact Mr Giuseppe Luna.
- FTIR Spectrometer: contact Mr Giuseppe Luna.
- Homogeniser – Heidolph Dinx 900: contact Mr Jorge Martinez.
- Dissolution apparatus – Erweka DT6: contact Mr Jorge Martinez.
- Stability chamber – Challenge 700: contact Mr Jorge Martinez.
- Zetasizer – Malvern Nano ZSP: contact Mr Jorge Martinez.
- Mastersizer – Malvern 2000: contact Mr Jorge Martinez.
- Spray dryer – Buchi B-290: contact Mr Jorge Martinez.
Prospective users are welcome to view the available equipment, and request a quotation that takes into account the technical support required and duration of use.
Priority for equipment will be given to internal use by the School of Pharmacy, and technical support will be limited by requirements of Pharmacy teaching and research.