Live Lighter TODAY (Tailored Online Diet and ActivitY) is a new research study that will test the latest diet Mobile Phone App, together with a fitness tracker to help people lose weight. If you are keen to lose weight and improve your diet and activity we would be delighted to involve you in the study.
What will I need to do?
You’ll be asked to fill in an online survey to check you are suited to the study. If you are eligible, you will be randomly assigned to one of three study groups. One group will do everything online and the other two groups will meet with our study team six times over the next year (twice in the beginning, at six months and after a year). Each visit will take place at Curtin University, Bentley for approximately one hour.
You can take part if you are:
- aged 18-64 years
- have a iPhone or Android smartphone
- in good health (no serious illness).
Note: People who have had Bariatric weight loss surgery, unable to be physically activity or have a body mass index over 40, are not eligible to participate. Calculate your BMI.
What’s in it for you?
- Support to lose weight and improve your diet and activity habits.
- You will be part of an international cutting-edge research study.
- You’ll enter the draw to win one of four $100 gift vouchers every six months. See our terms and conditions [.pdf 41kB].
- You’ll help others by helping us find effective ways to help people to lose weight and improve their diet and activity.
Telephone or text: 0401 100 224
Curtin University Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) has approved this study (HREC number HR61/2016).