Curtin provides a range of interprofessional education experiences both in the classroom and online. These include our Interprofessional first year, case based workshops and student placements.
The Interprofessional first year provides you with an introduction to interprofessional collaboration, with all students in the faculty studying a set of core units that provide opportunities for developing interprofessional capabilities, including teamwork skills and reflective practice through learning activities and assessments.
- Units are developed and taught by interprofessional teams and the modelling of interprofessional working relationships by staff is an important part of the experiential learning that takes place.
- The curriculum includes a focus on cultural knowledge which is considered an essential part of effective interprofessional practice.
- You will learn about the significance, diversity and experiences of Indigenous populations globally with a particular focus on Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
- Alongside interprofessional learning opportunities, you also study units specific to your course that develop foundational knowledge in your discipline as well as contribute to the early development of your professional identity.
- You will continue to build on your interprofessional capabilities through engagement in a range of other authentic learning opportunities in the middle and later years of your course.
The Faculty of Health Sciences IPE workshops provide an opportunity for you to engage and participate in interprofessional collaboration while sharing and developing knowledge, skills and attributes that are necessary for effective practice.
- The workshops allow students from many different disciplines to work through case-based learning scenarios together.
- Through fully online or blended modes, you will explore the roles and responsibilities of each other’s professions, identify issues for a client with complex needs, and prioritise these issues by developing an integrated, interprofessional care plan.
- Workshop activities are completed in student groups with feedback provided by facilitators with health science qualifications.
STEP 1 – Download and read IPE WORKSHOPS Schedule, Workshop and Registration Information
STEP 2 – Download and read IPE WORKSHOPS Frequently Asked Questions
STEP 3 – Register here
Registrations will open 9.00am Monday 22nd February 2021.